SM-520-ZA | Welding Machines for Custom-Sized Insect Screens and 6-meter Profiles
The 500- and 520-series machines are considered a breakthrough in the automated production of custom-sized retractable insect screens—the first and only machines in the world that manufacture quality screens ready for installation in a continuous cycle.
The SM-520-ZA is specialized in the production of 6-meter wide insect screens, but can also be used to create custom-sized screens. Just like the SM-500-ZA, it carries out multiple steps in the production process simultaneously, resulting in significant reduction of needed manpower and manufacturing time.
The machine pulls the screen from the roll, trims the left and right edges, welds the lateral reinforcing strip, applies the coextruded profile to the top of the screen, and the pocket with keder insert to the bottom. The cross-cut is made at the programmed length and the screen is rolled up on the aluminum bar. Finally, the rolled-up screen is be inserted in the box, while simultaneously the handgrip is attached.
Its variety of tools and accessories and its sturdy modular structure make the SM-520-ZA by far the most complete and efficient manufacturing solution for quality 6-meter profiles and custom-sized retractable insect screens available on the market today. The SM-520-ZA will produce a ready-to-use 6-meter insect screen, perfectly cut and welded, rolled up on the aluminum tube and inserted in the box in a record-breaking 2 minutes and 48 seconds.
Watch the video
- Retractable 6-meter insect screens
- Custom-sized retractable insect screens
- Welding head for the pocket with keder insert
- Welding head for the coextruded PVC profile
- Welding head for the lateral reinforcing strip
- Cutting units with electrically driven rotating cutting blade to trim the screen edges
- Motorized rotary blade with pentagonal blade to cross-cut the screen off of the roll
- Pneumatic mechanism for the automatic positioning of a new aluminum bar
- System for the semi-automatic insertion of the rolled-up insect screen in the box and the automatic attachment of the lower hand grip
- Router for long distance diagnosis, technical assistance and installation of upgrades
- Touch screen macro to set the sizes and number of screens to be manufactured
- Barcode reading software
- Maximum screen width: 3,0 m
- Maximum screen length: 6,0 m
- Maximum welding speed: 6 m/min
- Width tolerance of the finished product: +/-1 mm
- Length tolerance of the finished product: +/-1 mm
- Diagonal tolerance of the finished product: +/-2 mm
- Top-of-the-bill electronic and pneumatic components
- Hi-performance welding tools
- Simple, robust and modular design
- Revolutionary production concept
- High production output
- Superior welding quality
- Easy to operate, simple to program
- Automatic production cycles
- Reduces manpower: only one operator needed
- Significantly reduces cycle time
- Low operational costs
- Minimal maintenance costs
- Advanced safety features
Related Articles & Product Information
One of the largest manufacturers in the world of RV campers, based in the U.S, commissioned the development and construction of a hot air welding machine that would produce camper awnings in high volumes. The seams were...
One of Europe’s chief manufacturers of truck curtains and a long-time SMRE customer requested the development of a fully automatic welding machine to produce anti-vandalism straps. The straps were to be used on...