SM-200 | Stationary Head Welding Machine
To weld PVC, Screen, crystal (clear) PVC or other thermoplastics and create pockets, overlap seams, or hems with or without rope or keder insert, or produce anti-vandalism belts or quality keders at very high speed, SolarEdge Automation proposes the SM-200-SA.
With its sturdy design and selection of custom-made guides, welding wheels and accessories, the SM-200-SA with hot air technology will create a wide range of seams, even on the heaviest PVC. The machine is swift and precise, the ideal solution for manufacturers who need to perform continuous welds on a wide range of technical fabrics.
In 2017, SolarEdge Automation Machines introduced a high-speed version of the SM-200-SA for the continuous, automated production of keders. An extremely powerful heating element combined with a series of specifically designed industrial components and tools enable welding speeds up to 40 m/min. and tightly welded keders. The SM-200-SA high-speed keder machine has seen several upgrades and numerous tools and accessories were developed that make it the most efficient machine for the volume production of high quality keders.
Besides hot air, the SM-200-SA can install ultrasonic welding technology, whereby a sonotrode and an anvil generate high frequency vibrations between 20 - 40 kHz to generate heat to seam technical fabrics such as non-wovens for the creation of medical and other products.
Watch the video
- Anti-vandalism belts
- Tents and shelters
- Truck covers
- Medical gowns
- Hot air welding head with 3,6 kW heating element
- Hot air welding head with 8 kW heating element for high-speed welding
- Rotosonic (ultrasonic) welding head with welding surface up to 28 mm
- Guides and welding wheels for overlaps
- Guides and welding wheels for hems and pockets
- Guides and welding wheels for keders and anti-vandalism belts
- Torque controlled puller wheels
- Motorized rewinding system for keders with left and right oscillating movement to ensure an evenly rewound product
- Conveyor belt for XL and heavy fabrics
- Cooling station for keders
- Rewinding station for keders and anti-vandalism belts
- Router for long distance diagnosis, technical assistance and installation of upgrades
- Welding arm with 60 cm under arm space
- Welding arm with 1,0 m under arm space
- Hot air welding with speed up to 40 m/min.
- Ultrasonic welding with speed up to 10 m/min.
- Hot air or ultrasonic welding technology
- Custom designed tools and accessories for multiple applications
- Very strong seams
- Industrial, sturdy machine design
- High quality components
- Multiple welding menus
- Easy to operate
- Advanced safety features
- Limited operational costs
- Negligible maintenance costs
Related Articles & Products
One of the largest manufacturers in the world of RV campers, based in the U.S, commissioned the development and construction of a hot air welding machine that would produce camper awnings in high volumes. The seams were...
One of Europe’s chief manufacturers of truck curtains and a long-time SMRE customer requested the development of a fully automatic welding machine to produce anti-vandalism straps. The straps were to be used on...